A facilitator plans, guides and manages a group event to ensure that the group's objectives are met effectively, with clear thinking, good participation and full buy-in from everyone who is involved.
- Evaluation capacity building, ongoing or single events
- Workshops, group training and skill development
- Strategic planning
- Community engagement and consultation
WHAT IS FACILITATION
Facilitation takes place when a trained professional is:
- Helping other people to deal with a process or to reach an agreement or solution without getting directly involved in the discussion.
- Objectively asking questions and moving the discussion forward.
- Creating a collaborative, safe and productive environment.
- Keeping open but constructive discussion flowing.
Facilitation is not one-way top-down communication where a preferable solution is told the group.